PRH Seeking Support Associate for Metadata Operations
Sunday, March 25, 2018
Posted by: Brian O'Leary
The Publishing Operations Business Process & Support team at Penguin Random House is seeking a Support Associate to join the team. The Support Associate will resolve online retailer metadata issues, create and update internal system documentation, and troubleshoot questions for both Penguin Random House employees and clients.
This position provides the opportunity to work with all departments in the company, including Managing Editorial, Editorial, Production Management, Marketing, Publicity, Sales, and more. Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and organizing the departmental email inbox
- Writing and updating system documentation in print and on our internal server via Wordpress
- Troubleshooting online retailer metadata issues at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, and others
- Assisting in training sessions for internal systems
- Contributing to departmental and company-wide projects
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work both independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter attitude and ability to take initiative
- Familiarity with Wordpress and iMovie a plus
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found here.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.